Friday, April 2, 2010

Don't stir the tea with the phone!

Yesterday I drove for my son's first grade class to Greenville Children's Museum for a field trip.  I have heard great things about this place, and they were all true.  This place was fabulous.  I'm gonna drag all three of my boys there - maybe as soon as next week.

Well, back to driving.  My friend, Elizabeth got to ride with me and her daughter and another little girl from the class as well as my son and another little boy from their class.  We were all talking at once, so the volume often rose to decibels a few to0 high for highway driving.  Elizabeth and I were able to tune most of it out and enjoy our time, but I almost fell out of the van laughing when Elizabeth jumped from our conversation to a little girl conversation going on behind us and she sweetly said, "No, let's not lick our feet.  Put your shoes back on.  Now what were you saying, Annette?" 

Oh the things we have said as mothers we never dreamed we would say.  I wish I had thought to write them all down.  I'm hoping God did that for me - I'm sure he's had a good chuckle over things He has overheard in my home.  But of course, I can't remember them.  The title of this is from a friend of mine in Charleston who said this to her own astonishment to her children one day 11 or so years ago.  Anyone have ones to add?

1 comment:

fwp said...

"Get the llama food out of your pocket."