Thursday, February 25, 2010

Coffee Table Art

In the aftermath of a family ski trip, a few extra days with the boys at home, a birthday party in the works and all the other normal stuff that goes on around here, I am trying to find my floor, my kitchen, my papers for a doctor's visit and the coffee table.  I found a few Southern Living magazines and thought, "That would be nice to have on the coffee table .  .  .  "

By my coffee table, you can tell who lives here, I have on my coffee table 3 remote control cars, 2 TV remotes, a 750 piece puzzle barely started (and two cookie sheets to divide up the edges), a baseball glove (don't know why - haven't started baseball season yet), 3 mismatched dirty socks (not mine), a lego R2D2  - minus his head, super glue, smiley face pajamas, a much read Harry Potter book, batteries, ear phones for an ipod - no ipod, another set of ear phones without ipod, a notebook with DVD's in it, a dog-chewed knife case (no knife), a torn open empty box for a Micro RC remote control car, and a big notebook on discipleship, and under the coffee table, dirty cleats.  That sums us up pretty well - (now if I could just get those Southern Living magazines to look good on this table, we'd be all well represented.  OK, so the coffee table itself can represent me.  It is good for looks alone - doesn't have any drawers or bins to toss stuff into, has a glass top and it is painted/stained white and distressed.)

That's just on the coffee table!  As I glance around the room, there are more legos, a toy bow and arrow set, a real bow and arrow set, a few dog bones, another remote control car, more socks on counters, and a football on the couch beside me, and that's just what I can see from where I am sitting.  I write all this with much joy.  I am appreciating the boy clutter (believe me, I make plenty and possibly more of my own clutter). 

Southern Living magazines??? What was I thinking?  I think I need to start a Boy Living magazine.  Life with boys doesn't fit into the "Southern Living" mold, but then again, life with me doesn't either.

1 comment:

Tall said...

That is absolutely hilarious! and it's my house.