Monday, January 17, 2011

The snow of 2011

I love this picture of Will just purely enjoying the snow!!

The Snow of 2011! I hope this is one that will go down in the books. The last I remember that would compare was 1988 when we got 14 inches. But this snow was different. Totally different.
It came down all white and very fluffy. Six fluffy inches. But it wasn't sleddable or snowman material or even snowball material. We tried pulling the sleds behind the four-wheeler as we "usually" do and it wouldn't work. Crazy. So, we put all the coats and ski bibs and gloves and hats and socks in the dryer and warmed up with hot chocolate and marshmallows. YUM!


IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!
Doesn't it feel like I just took a picture of this?
And I think I'm in love with our blue door,
but it may be that I love it with the Christmas wreath and bow,
so hopefully I like it as much when that comes down. 
What a water skier does with his kids (and the neighbor kids when it snows.)

Our neighborhood gang.



This kid is so fun to get snow pictures of - his tongue is constantly out or he is laughing hysterically.

Then, with freshly dried and still warm from the dryer warm duds, we adventured over to a friend's house with my snow-driver hubby at the wheel. They live around the corner from a wonderful hill. And about then it started to sleet - which was just what that fluffy snow needed. Sledding began. Then pancakes - late afternoon pancakes and chicken salad (a man's version with artichoke hearts and a girly version with cranberries and nuts - yum, yum). We think pancakes after snow is a wondeful tradition to begin. That and maybe sugar cookies or Gingerbread houses - why should Christmas get all the fun?


Visiting friends - so glad my hubby can drive in the snow.


On our way to the sledding hill.

The Hill.

Weeeee.


Proof I was behind the camera. 

Sweet Jillian.

All going down together.  (My idea - for the picture, of course.)

Sweet Emily - Love this little girl!!
More sledding and then we sledded home before the roads got too, too bad. Now, for those of you that aren't from around here, we in Anderson rarely see snow for longer than a day. It doesn't stay cold long enough. Not this week! The thermometer got stuck down here - in the thirties - - all week long.


My handsome Ben.  (I can't say Sweet Ben!)

My favorite picture of the day.  Wish I had taken more from this angle.  Live and learn.

No comments: